- Where is the center located?
- What do I need to bring to the center?
- What should my child wear the day of surgery?
- Do I need an appointment for the pre-op visit?
- How will I know what time to be at the center?
- Why do I need to be at the center an hour before the scheduled start time?
- Will I be allowed to stay with my child?
- What about any siblings, can they come?
Le Bonheur East Surgery Center is located at 786 Estate Place Memphis, TN 38120. Click here for a map.
- We ask the responsible party to bring their driver’s license, insurance card(s) and co-pays or deductibles on the day of surgery, also any paperwork from your child’s doctor, such as test results or medical history.
- If your child takes still takes a bottle, please bring an empty one. We have clear liquids that can be given in the recovery room area. You can also bring a formula bottle (with formula) which may be given in the recovery room area if your child is tolerating fluids well. We have cups and straws available but if your child prefers a sippy cup, please bring one.
- A favorite toy or blanket, your child will be able to take this to the OR and also be with them when they wake up.
- The surgery center can get chilly; consider bringing a sweater / jacket.
Please bring your child in pajamas or comfortable loose fitting clothes. A two piece outfit is preferred so that we can change the top but allow them to keep the bottoms on for warmth.
No. We ask that you come in to see anesthesia for a pre-op visit sometime within the week prior to surgery between the hours of 9:00AM and 4:30PM. It should only take 20 minutes and no appointment is needed.
The pre-op nurse will call you the day before surgery to let you know exactly what time to arrive and to give other instructions for your visit. Please be sure we have the best phone number to reach you.
This is to enable us to get your child changed, checked in and seen by your surgeon. The amount of time that you are at the center can fluctuate depending on surgeries prior to your child’s and any cancelations. We have toys for the children to play with and movies to watch but if you would like to bring your child’s favorite toy to occupy their time during this period please feel free to do so.
You will be allowed to be with your child through the check-in process and to the end of the Bunny Tunnel just prior to surgery. You will meet with them again in the recovery room where you will stay until discharge.
We request that you not bring other small children with you on the day of surgery if possible. You will be able to be with your child having surgery throughout most of their stay but we do not allow other children in the patient care setting. This is for the comfort of your child as well as the other children having surgery.
If we have not reached you prior to the day of your surgery to review your medical history, pre-operative instructions, and financial arrangements, please call us at 901-287-4100 and ask to speak to the pre-op nurse. If you have any other questions about getting ready for your procedure, please feel free to call us.